Advanced technologies in Product Design, Engineering and Manufacturing - ACADEM2014
The modern era in the field of product design is marked by the extensive use of computers and specialized software and hardware systems for both detailed design and optimization of a product, and for the design of the associated manufacturing processes. The summer school ACADEM'14 focuses on the design, engineering and manufacturing phases of the product life-cycle which are accomplished through:
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE)
- Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
ACADEM'14 school includes theoretical lectures integrated with a comprehensive set of lab exercises covering all three phases of detail product design. Current research results will be discussed and open problems for further research will be highlighted. All participants will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art software systems for product design, analysis, material assignment and optimization. During the school, a product-design project will take place, where the participants will have the chance to develop a complete detailed design of a real-life product from the concept to the manufacturing plans.
If you join ACADEM'14 you will:
- Get acquainted with current advances in Product Design, Analysis and Manufacturing.
- Work in a team to develop a detailed product design.
- Familiarize yourself with state-of-the-art CAD and Reverse Engineering software for 3D modeling and with 3D Scanning and Rapid Prototyping Technologies for producing a 3D product mock-up.
- Learn how to perform an in-depth analysis of your product design and how to select appropriate materials to optimize your product.
- Acquire knowledge on current manufacturing technologies based on robots.
- Learn about product life-cycle managment and analysis.
- Have a sunny learning experience @ one of the dreamlike Greek islands!
The program is designed for senior undergraduate and graduate students (already enrolled in a Masters/Ph.D. program) from Universities in Greece and abroad, in the fields of product design, engineering, architecture and related disciplines. Young professionals that wish to specialize or update their knowledge in the area of product design are also welcome. All sessions will be carried out in English.
All participants that will succesfully fulfill course requirements will receive a "certification of attendance". Students will also receive 4 ECTS.
The school will start at 30/6 (welcome day) and will last until 7/7. Each participant must complete the online registration form in order to attend the school.
Applications deadline: 31 May 2014 (discounted fees) and 23 June 2014 (regular fees). Scholarships application: 15 May 2014. See Registration page for more information.
Special prices for hotels have been arranged; see the Accommodation page for more details.
The lectures will take place at the premises of the Department of Product & Systems Design Engineering located at Ermoupolis, the capital city of Syros.
The “University of the Aegean Summer Schools” are supported by the project «The University of the Aegean, the prominent and driving factor for the economic and social growth of the wide Aegean area» of the Operational Programme “Education and Lifelong Learning”, which is co-funded by European Union (European Social Fund) and National Resources.