Advanced technologies in Product Design, Engineering and Manufacturing - ACADEM2013
The development of computers technology has an immediate and prominent impact in the product design and manufacturing phases. The modern era in the field of product design is marked by the extensive use of computers and specialized software and hardware systems for both detailed design and optimization of a product, and for the design of the associated manufacturing processes as well.The summer school ACADEM'13 addresses the three basic pillars of the product life-cycle which are accomplished through state-of-the-art computer technology:
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE)
- Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
The school includes theoretical lectures integrated with a comprehensive set of lab exercises. During the lectures, the participants will learn basic and advanced topics of all three areas of interest. Current research results will be discussed and open problems for further research will be highlighted. In parallel, all participants will meet state-of-the-art software systems for product design, analysis, material assignment and optimization. A specifically developed product-design project will take place, where the participants will have the chance to develop a complete detailed design of a real-life product.
Join ACADEM'13 if you wish:
- To get acquainted with current advances in Product Design, Analysis and Manufacturing.
- To work in a team to develop a detailed product design.
- To familiarize with state of the art CAD software for 3D modeling and with Rapid Prototyping Technologies for producing a 3D product mock-up.
- To learn how to perform an in-depth analysis of your product design and how to select appropriate materials to optimize your product.
- To acquire knowledge on current manufacturing technologies based on robots.
- To see how the product-life cycle is adapted for the case of jewelry and industrial products design and manufacturing.
- To have a sunny learning experience @ one of the dreamlike Greek islands!
The program is designed for senior undergraduate and graduate students (already enrolled in a Masters/Ph.D. program) from Universities in Greece and abroad, in the fields of product design, engineering, architecture and related disciplines. Young professionals that wish to specialize or update their knowledge in the areas of CAD/CAM/CAE for product design are also welcome. All sessions will be carried out in English.
All participants that will succesfully fulfill course requirements will receive a "certification of attendance". Students will also receive 5 ECTS.
The school will start at 1/7 (welcome day) and will last for 11 days (until 11/7). Each non lecturer participant must complete the online registration form in order to attend the school.
Application deadline: 10 June 2013 (late applications will be also considered; see Registration page for more information).
Special prices for hotels have been arranged; see the Accommodation page for more details.
The lectures will take place at the premises of the Department of Product & Systems Design Engineering located at Ermoupolis, the capital city of Syros.
The “University of the Aegean Summer Schools” are supported by the project «The University of the Aegean, the prominent and driving factor for the economic and social growth of the wide Aegean area» of the Operational Programme “Education and Lifelong Learning”, which is co-funded by European Union (European Social Fund) and National Resources.