Digital Technologies in Cultural Heritage & Tourism - DigArch2015
DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES IN CULTURAL HERITAGE & TOURISM
11 Days equivalent workload to 130 hours (incl. 20 hours essay), 5 ECTS
30 July - 10 August 2015
The summer school includes:
- 1 day introduction to the current state-of-the-art and trends for future innovation
- 2 days theory and practice on digital archaeometry
- 3 days theory and practice on 3D digitization
- 1 day introduction to cultural databases, repositories and international standards
- 3 days theory and practice on the development of 3D applications
Particular emphasis will be given to practical professional experience. Students will have a great experience and form strong bonds with their peers on a field program. For this reason DigArch 2015 offers something more than a great academic course; including special opportunities and experiences in situ and in museum lab.
This Summer School DIGARCH15 is a collaboration between:
- the University of the Aegean (www.aegean.gr)- Dept of Mediterranean Studies (Leader) & Dept of of Product and Systems Design Engineering
- Coastal Carolina University, USA
- University of California, San Diego, USA
- ATHENA-Research and Innovation Center in Information, Communication and Knowledge Technologies, Xanthi's Branch
The Summer School is linked to the Workshop Virtual Archaeology Museums & Cultural Tourism initiated in 2013 by the our University and established to a biannial basis and annual summer school coorganized by participated international Institutes and as a consortium participation on a joint Research Programme funded by USA sources.
The “University of the Aegean Summer Schools” are supported by the project «The University of the Aegean, the prominent and driving factor for the economic and social growth of the wide Aegean area» of the Operational Programme “Education and Lifelong Learning”, which is co-funded by European Union (European Social Fund) and National Resources.