Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Local Development - innovis2013
The Department of Geography, School of Social Sciences, University of the Aegean is happy to announce the organisation of ‘Summer School in Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Island Development’ which will take place in July 15-28, 2013, at Oursoulines School, Chora Naxos, Greece.
During the last 9 years the School has successfully taken place in Paros (2003-2011) and Naxos (2011-2012) islands focusing on the topics of Economic Geography, Regional science and Spatial Economics, which are considered to be among the most important and influential topics of today’s scientific theory and research.
The Naxos 2013 summer school 2013 will focus on Entrepreneurship and Innovation, as a pillar towards sustainable island development, especially within the today’s current international economic crisis framework. The Naxos 2013 Summer school will cover:
- Regional Growth, with emphasis on island regions
- Island Growth and Sustainable Development
- Local Entrepreneurship and Innovation Policies
- Geography of innovations in the Island Space
- Innovative Regional Growth, specifically in Greece, where the island space constitutes a wide and sensitive geographic area with certain particularities, restrictions, but also important possibilities of exploitation of innovations, human,cultural and social capital.
- Local economic and social growth in the current environment of crisis, globalized economy, and socio-political and territorial changes.
- Current issues of economic geography, regional growth, Spatial Economy, regional development process and comparativeadvantages.
The Naxos 2013 Summer School will take place between July, 15-28, 2013 in Chora, Naxos, Greece. The seminars of the School will be accommodated in the famous Oursoulines French School, known as ‘The School of Nikos Kazantzakis’, http://www.e-naxos.eu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=419&Itemid=280), which has been kindly provided by the Municipality of Naxos and Small Cyclades and the Agency of Culture, Sports, Environment, Education and Solidarity of Naxos (ΝΟ.Π.Π.Α.Π.Π.Π.Α).
The Naxos 2013 Summer School will include both theoretical classes and field exercises during morning and afternoon classes.
Selected papers of the School's lectures will be published in a range of international scientific Journals and Book Series:
- JOURNAL OF REGIONAL SOCIO-ECONOMIC ISSUES: http://www.jrsei.yolasite.com/
- JOURNAL OF URBAN AND REGIONAL ECONOMICS: http://www.jure.yolasite.com/
ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION ACADEMIC WORK:
- SPRINGER TECHNOLOGY, INNOVATION AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT BOOK
- EDWARD ELGAR SCIENCE, INNOVATION, TECHNOLOGY AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP:
- SPRINGER ENCYCLOPEDIA ON CREATIVITY, INVENTION, INNOVATION AND
- SPRINGER JOURNAL OF INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP: A SYSTEMS
VIEW ACROSS TIME AND SPACE:
- SPRINGER JOURNAL OF THE KNOWLEDGE ECONOMY:
- IGI JOURNAL OF SOCIAL ECOLOGY AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT: