2nd Summer School on Operator Theory - sot2012
The Department of Mathematics of the University of the Aegean and the Department of Civil Engineering of the University of Thrace are organising the 2nd Summer School on Operator Theory (SOT 2012), from 23 July to 28 July 2012, in Karlovassi, Samos.
The School is aimed at postgraduate and undergraduate students, as well as young researchers. The goal of the School is to present fundamental results and open problems in operator theory and to highlight the relations of the field with other areas of Mathematics and Physics.
- Von Neumann algebras and Tomita-Takesaki theory
- Operators on Banach spaces
- Generalised inverses
- Mathematical foundations of quantum mechanics
- Harmonic analysis and operator theory
- Dynamical systems and operator theory
- Composition operators
- Contributions of operator algebra theory to the philosophy of quantum theories
The “University of the Aegean Summer Schools” are supported by the project «The University of the Aegean, the prominent and driving factor for the economic and social growth of the wide Aegean area» of the Operational Programme “Education and Lifelong Learning”, which is co-funded by European Union (European Social Fund) and National Resources.