Extended Arts - XARTS2015
The Summer School is structured in 5 thematic sections treating the extensibility of the artistic work via new media technologies.
1. Introductory Session: Presentation of trends, practices and possibilities to inspire participants in their own artistic practice by the coordinator of XARTS 2015 and the keynote speakers..
2. Re-Designing Interactive Art: Conferences on the production, artistic practice, conservation and research issues in interactive arts.
3. Workshops Lectures: Lectures on the extensibility of the authoring tools for the creator of a digital work of art.
4. Intensive Workshops: Implementation of group works to be exhibited as digital works of art.
5. Exhibition of Interactive Art: Presentation and evaluation of the works implemented during XARTS 2015..
The first half-day of the Programme is dedicated to the Introductory Session. The next two days are dedicated to tthe International Conference and the formation of groups for the intensive workshops, On the fourth day an excursion to Syros is organised giving to the participants the opportunity to socialize,
Five days are dedicated to the intensive workshops: The morning presentations of best artistic practices are followed by the actual workshops where individual or collective works are implemented. The resulting works are evaluated at the end of the week. During the Summer School, three Dinners are organised to accomodate informal discussions while Light Lunch and Coffee Breaks are scheduled every day. .
The International XARTS 2015 Conference (Re-Designing Interactive Art) will be a milestone of the Programme. Invited Speakers and scholarly reviewed Research Papers will elucidate aspects of the Extended Arts that are not treated during the Summer School: Production issues for museums and festivals, creative issues of re-designing the same artistic concept in different contexts, issues on conservation of interactive works, and issues on collaboration between artists and researchers.
The whole framework aims at the networking between artists, scientists and researchers working in the Extending Arts domain. The overall Programme will be evaluated by the participants in a final Goodbye Session.
The detailed programme may be downloaded here