Cultural Management, Education and Local Development - innovis2017
The Naxos 2017 Summer School has appointed experienced lectures, including academic professors and researchers and distinguished members of the European academic community coming from 10 International Universities and research institutions both abroad and Greece:
- Department of Geography, University of the Aegean
- Department of Sociology, University of the Aegean
- Department of Economic & Regional Development, Panteion University
- Department of Architecture, Technical University of Crete
- Hellenic Open University
- Hellenic Army Academy
- University of Ioannina
- National Technical University of Athens
- George Washington University, USA
The Department of Geography, School of Social Sciences, University of the Aegean is happy to announce the organisation of ‘Summer School in Cultural Management and Local Development’ which will take place in July 17-30, 2017, at Oursoulines School, Chora Naxos, Greece.
During the last 14 years the Naxos Summer School has successfully taken place in Paros (2003-2011) and Naxos (2011-2016) islands focusing on the topics of Economic Geography, Regional science and Spatial Economics, which are considered to be among the most important and influential topics of today’s scientific theory and research.
The Naxos Summer School 2017 will focus on Issues of Local Development, as a pillar towards sustainable island development, especially within the today’s current international economic crisis framework. The Naxos 2017 Summer school will cover topics, such as:
- Cultural Management, Education, and Local Development
- Life Long Learning
- Local Development: Current Issues of Theory, Applications and Cooperative Policy Planning
- Island growth and sustainable development
- Entrepreneurship, innovation and cultural management
- Cooperative Policy Planning
- Regional growth with emphasis on island regions
- Regional Planning Local Development
- Cultural Management and Local Development during crisis
- Current issues of economic geography, Cooperative Policy Planning, Management and Local Development
- New advances in intercultural communication and cultural differences management
- Managing culture towards regional development
- Organizational practices of regional growth
The Naxos 2017 Summer School will take place between July, 17-30, 2017 in Chora, Naxos, Greece. The seminars of the School will be accommodated in the famous Oursoulines French School, known as ‘The School of Nikos Kazantzakis’,http://www.e-naxos.eu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=419&Itemid=280), which has been kindly provided by the Municipality of Naxos and Small Cyclades and the Agency of Culture, Sports, Environment, Education and Solidarity of Naxos (ΝΟ.Π.Π.Α.Π.Π.Π.Α).
The Naxos 2017 Summer School will include both theoretical classes and field exercises during morning and afternoon classes.
The Naxos 2017 Scientific Steering Committee has run the Department of Geography, University of the Aegean Summer School successfully during the last 14 years, including academic professors and researchers and distinguished members of the European academic community coming from 12 International Universities and research institutions both abroad and Greece
The Naxos 2017 Summer School is included as academic module in the curriculum of the Department of Geography, University of the Aegean (http://www.geo.aegean.gr/updates/files/[news][983cc8e9bd02ae5].pdf).
The Naxos 2017 Summer School is addressed to undergraduate and postgraduate studentσ, PhD candidates, as well as researchers and post-doctoral students. The number of eligible students will be selected under the designated selection process by the Steering Committee. The language of seminars will be Greek.
The Naxos 2017 Summer School will be supported by the Municipality of Naxos and Small Cyclades in collaboration with the Agency of Culture, Sports, Environment, Education, and Solidarity, for providing the seminars’ venue.
Moreover, the organisers will provide students with the seminars’ studying material, seminars; notes, slides copies, as well as any other hard or soft copy material related with the Naxos 2017 Summer School.